Outdoor Solar Lights: The Garden Accessory Everyone Will Love
All anyone can talk about these days is going green – wearing green, recycling, buying organic, using solar panels – but what about going green in the place it matters most, the garden? Those with green thumbs are in luck, because the resolution on everyone’s list this year (to use less and recycle more) can be accomplished right in your own garden, and without using a shred of energy! Enter outdoor solar lights, a garden accessory that everyone will love. Not just for those looking to illuminate driveways and trees, outdoor solar lights come in every shape and form imaginable, from string lights to four foot tall lighted outdoor trees for Christmas. Below, a few favorites you can’t afford to miss.
1. Eight Solar Light Value Pack: This combination pack comes complete with eight separate solar lights that soak up the sun’s rays by day and brighten your driveway, walkways, patios and pools by night. For those worried about their lack of electrical skills, fret not! These lights require no lighting or electricity. They feature white LED lights that utilize a rechargeable solar battery (included). All you have to do is put the stakes into the ground and let the sun shine in!
2. Solar Rock Light: It looks like a rock, feels like a rock, and acts like a rock – but it’s not a rock! In fact, it’s a solar light. It utilizes the sun’s rays to highlight your plants, mailboxes, front door – anything you want to highlight, the solar rock light has you under control. It emits a soft, non-fluorescent light that shines a few feet away. This light features a built-in sensor for automatic dusk-to-dawn operation, so you’ll never have to worry about turning it on or off, or making sure that you unplug it in the mornings. There are no wires and plugs involved! It includes two AA rechargeable batteries and four LED bulbs.
3. Solar Powered Christmas Lights: One of the things many people struggle with when they try to go green is getting rid of their Christmas lights. We’re a nation of folks that love to decorate, and the urge is hard to curb come December 1st. Many of us love to decorating with small, twinkling lights long after Christmas has come and gone, so it’s good thing that there’s such a thing as solar powered decorating lights! No outlet needed – these lights take their energy from the sun, turning on automatically at dusk and running for around eight hours. Imagine how much you can save on your energy bill without Christmas lights next year. These look great on your front porch, or wound around your lamppost. Wherever you decide to put them, they’re sure to bring a healthy dose of holiday cheer without the carbon footprint.
4. Fold Down 4 Foot Lighted Outdoor Tree: Speaking of Christmas decorations, most who celebrate the holiday feel that Christmas isn’t complete without a tree…in both their living room and their front yard. However, the amount of lights and energy necessarily to keep both an indoor and outdoor tree light through the season is astronomical. Consider changing out your old outdoor decorations for a lighted outdoor tree that includes 150 colorful lights! This tree, made of PVC and iron, folds up for easy storage, so you can use it year after year. Brighten up your lawn, porch or landscape in just moments and save dozens on your energy bill.
5. Solar Post Driveway Light: Live on a dark street? Last house on the block? Illuminate the path to your front door with a solar post driveway light. This standup light is perfect for lining your driveway, garden or walkway. It gathers energy from the sun during the day and lights up automatically at night, making your home feel safe and welcoming to both yourself and guests. The light stays illuminated for up to eight hours, and the light stakes into the ground effortlessly. The light features a durable, weather resistant construction with plastic and stainless steel.
6. 3 Way Solar House Light: Illuminate the entrance to your home without spending a dime with these solar house lights. No need to call the electrician for wiring; these lights soak up the sun during the day and automatically power on at dusk. Come dawn, they automatically shut off, letting the sun do the work for the remainder of the day. These lights include a pack of three, and feature a wall mount kit, free standing base and stakes for lighting pathways. Though they’re plastic, these craftsman style lights look like a million bronze bucks. They’re classy and inexpensive, and will help you seriously cut down on your energy bill.
Whatever you’re looking to illuminate, you’re sure to find a solar light that works for you. Forget the annoying wiring, and the high cost energy bills and go solar.