The modern shape of the chainsaw is much more sophisticated which along with many benefits have raised a few concerns too. The majority of the amateur makes a lot of mistake in using the equipment because of their less exposure to the tool. On the other side, there are a few advanced users too who also make some common mistakes which either affect their productivity level or on the other side, it raises a lot of serious injuries related concerns. The best practice for users at any level is to master the use of the equipment and try to avoid all kinds of silly or major mistakes which they commit while using such a sophisticated tool for any productive reasons.
The most common problems which users commit while using a chainsaw:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of common mistakes that people commit while they use a chainsaw. It may be because of the versatility of the tool and the options it provides, which makes them use it in a number of ways depending on the nature of the task. However, in the below list, we skimmed out the most common mistakes which most of the amateurs and even professional users of the chainsaw commits while using it for various purposes:
- A lot of people take the chainsaw related project very casually and they do not wear any safety equipment which eventually becomes very dangerous for them. You need to have sturdy boots, ear, eye and hand protection while dealing with such kind of equipment. It would be great if you put on safe and secure overall suit for better protection and also have covered your eye area. It is better to consider necessary precaution rather to get into danger or any harmful conditions during work.
- A safe environment is inevitable when you are dealing with large pieces of logs or cutting a tall tree. The premises or the nearby areas must be cleared from all the living beings and the valuables that you have. Unfortunately, there are some people who overlook this crucial aspect and then pay the ultimate price. It is always good, to take care of all aspects including the surroundings as well as the one you are working on.
- Some users don’t bother to check the equipment fully before they begin their task with the help of using a chainsaw. This is a totally wrong approach as a mistimed tension of the chain of the equipment or the improper brake functionality can result in serious injuries and the productivity may also be altered.
- The fueling and oiling is another common mistake which several of the users of the chainsaw commit. Fueling and/ or oiling must be done or at least checked before using the tool every time. Another key point to keep in mind is that whenever you are fueling your chainsaw, so make sure that it is not hot. It means that the fueling must always be done before you begin with the real job.
- Several users of the equipment are unaware of how the equipment should be started in the most desirable manner. They try all sorts of techniques, but the right way always is to trigger it either on the ground or by holding it right in between your legs. Further, make sure that the brake of the chainsaw is engaged in either of the cases that you take on.
Mistakes are not at all safe for those who want to work with the chainsaw. It should be made clear that working with a chainsaw while you are cutting or felling trees, is a sensitive task and a slight mistake or ignorance can lead you to get yourself in danger and you may also get the chainsaw damaged. So, in case you are not fully prepared or have got plenty of training regarding the correct usage of the chainsaw, you should work with it under the supervision of an expert or at least should ask for important tips or tricks from an expert chainsaw user to make sure, you will be safe and secure and also can will work correctly, using the equipment.